Saturday 8 June 2013

Passing On The Torch - My Liebster Award Nominees





FINALLY! I have put together my nominations for a Liebster award.

Just a brief recap as to what a Liebster award is:  A Liebster Blog award is a "peer award" given to upcoming bloggers who have less then 200 followers (as best you can tell)

Liebster (German) - beloved, cherished, esteemed.

I have found extreme value in these bloggers that I have nominated.  Each has a different writing style and each offers GREAT value to my world.  So I am sharing these blogs with you:

The Down Syndrome Action Plan

Down Syndrome: A Day to Day Guide

Our Little Chilli Tribe

The Chronicles of Ellie Bellie Bear (this blogger has already been nominated by 2 other bloggers but I have nominated her anyway cause her blog rocks my world.)

Our Epic Story

Garden Of My Heart

Down Syndrome Up Up and Away

I Will Carry You

Let's Do This

Green Tea Ginger

Chromosomally Enhanced

So now what?  Well here are the steps to follow when nominated for a Liebster Award.

Step 1
First, thank the Liebster-winning blogger who nominated you and created a link back to their blog.  I was nominated by Treyton's Posse.  Thanks again Rob!

Step 2
Post 11 facts about yourself.  They can be about anything! The goal is to get to know the person behind the blog better.  Here are 11 facts about me that you can check out.

Step 3
Answer the 11 questions presented to you by your nominator. You can answer them all in one post, or basically however you like!

Step 4
Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer. Here are my questions to you:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite colour?
3. When you get the chance for "me time", what is your favourite "me time" activity?
4. What's your preference, a "sweet" or a "salty" treat.
5. Where is the most interesting place in the world that you have visited?  If you don't feel you have been anywhere interesting, then where in the world do you find interesting and would love to visit? (whew, hope that makes sense)
6. As a family, what is your favourite thing to do in the summer?
7. If you don't already, would you ever consider using your blog to make money?
8. Who is your favourite band (if you have a favourite band, that is....)
9. Which season is your favourite and why?
10. What is your "all time" favourite movie?
11. Where do you envision yourself 5 years from now?

Step 5
Now here is where you recognise 11 blogs who you feel deserve recognition. It is up to you.  You get to pick the blogs for any reason as long as they have less then 200 followers to the best of your knowledge.  Once you have made your selection, create a post like this one on your own blog that explains the award process.  Then notify each of your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog with the link back to the post you created.  I have already announced my nominees above.

Step 6
The final step is to post the award badge on your blog.  I will now try and go and figure out how to do this. I am still really new at all this picture badge stuff so I really have no clue how to go about doing it.

So there you have it! I hope that some or all of my nominees are able to complete all the steps as I personally am looking forward to getting to know each person behind the blog better!




1 comment: